For companies, your invoices may or may not include VAT. We define below the rules that will determine whether your invoice will include VAT.
The country of origin of the services is the country of origin of the client.
Tree-Nation services are subject to VAT in the following way:
- Company based in the European Union, with the exception of Belgium, with a valid intra-Community VAT number: no VAT is applied.
- Company based in the European Union, with the exception of Belgium, without a valid intra-Community VAT number: VAT is applied.
- Company based in Belgium: VAT is applied.
- Company based in any country outside the European Union: VAT is not charged.
- Company based in the UK: The UK is not part of the EU since 2020, and therefore VAT is not charged.
When you fill in your billing information on our website, we will check if your VAT is a valid intra-community number.
How to insert your VAT number
If your VAT is ES B12345678, please insert it this way: ES B12345678. Don't forget to insert your country code in it!
What happens if my VAT says 'invalid'
Please note that if you entered a VAT number that is not a valid intra-community number, it does not mean your VAT number is incorrect. Leave the number, even if invalid, so that your invoices include your VAT number. All it means is that our invoices include VAT.
You can always check the validity of your number on the European official website: VIES.
If you would like to understand why we issue invoices instead of contribution receipts for companies, please refer to this article: Are my contributions tax-deductible?
If you are unsure whether the VAT should apply in your case, please contact us on the chat. Please note that we will not be able to remove VAT retroactively on any invoice which is from before the current quarter.
Also read: How can I edit my billing details?