Congratulations on this happy event! Below we will explain the steps you have to follow to offer a tree for every attendee of your wedding. We suggest offering a tree with a paper certificate to slip into a pretty envelope of your choice.
When you offer a tree, you always have the option to print a tree certificate and hand it personally to your recipient. Your recipient can also receive an email, but you can make sure that you physically hand your gift first.
To do that, here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Create your forest and name it with your first name and your partner’s. For example Jane & John.
2. Offer your trees from the Plant section as always.
During the purchase process, use the calendar tool to schedule when your attendees should receive the Tree-Gift email. (Note: To keep the surprise effect, select a date posterior to your event, for example on D day +1, so that you can hand them the certificate first).
If you want to offer trees to a large list of people, this video will guide you through the step-by-step process:
3. Right after the purchase, you will receive a confirmation email. In this email, you will find a link to your Contributions page, but you can go there directly as well.
4. Inside this page, you will find the link "Codes and Certificates". Click there to access all your pdf tree certificates that you can then download.
A certificate includes a tree URL, which will allow your recipient to collect the tree.
*(Please avoid trying to collect the tree yourself to test the system or you may collect the tree on your own account!)
5. Print the pdfs.
6. Gift-wrap them with a nice envelope of your choice, and they will be ready to be offered in a paper format!
If you still have questions, please contact us.